The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 11:37
Americus Dance Experience
December 14, 2013
@ 2:00pm & 7:00pm
On Golden Pond
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 15:16
PRESENTED BY SUMTER PLAYERS, INC.
This is the love story of Ethel and Norman Thayer, at their summer home on Golden Pond for the 48th year. He is a retired professor, nearing eighty, with heart palpitations and a failing memory--but still as tart-tongued, observant, and eager for life as ever. Ethel, ten years younger, delights in all the small things that have enriched their long life together. Their divorced, middle-aged daughter and her dentist fiance go off to Europe, leaving his teenage son behind and he quickly becomes the "grandchild" the elderly couple have longed for, and as Norman revels in taking his ward fishing and thrusting good books at him, he also learns some lessons about modern teenage awareness--and slang--in return.
In the end, as the summer wanes, Norman and Ethel are brought even closer together by a mild heart attack. Time, they know, is now against them, but the years have been good and, perhaps, another summer on Golden Pond still awaits.
Students/Seniors/Habitat/Fuller/School Employees $10
- New Harmonies: Celebrating American Roots Music
- Holiday Open House
- Montana Skies
- Von Grey
- 2012-2013 Friends of the Rylander Presenter Series
- A Christmas Carol
- 2011 Volunteer Reception
- Friends of the Rylander 2013 - 2014 Presenters Series
- Almost Elton John
- Americus Has Talent!
- When Good Ain't Good Enough
- David Osborne Returns to the Rylander Theatre
- Sumter Players Kids Week
- Missoula Children's Theatre
- The Little Mermaid